Mabon - The 2nd Harvest 2020
DUE TO COVID-19, MABON IS TENTATIVE FOR 2020, PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES
September 18-20, 2020
$25 Adults: Friday - Sunday
Ages 12 & Under Free
Special Guest! Mama Gina will be with us this year! Singer/songwriter, fearless storyteller and wanderlust. She will perform for us and offer her workshop - "Personal Meditation Techniques with Frame Drum." With down-to-earth, bluesy vocals, a bit of humor, and straight-ahead, rhythmic, acoustic guitar, djembe and frame drum, she tells the true stories that fall into her head and heart. She sings of our responsibility to nurture both the mundane and the Divine. You'll also meet Nine Toes the Bard, a 15th century Welsh lass who once dealt with a Dragon. She now travels the world, singing tales of love and battle, Pirates and Vikings, damsels and elves, trolls and that wicked Dragon that left her one digit shy. And you'll encounter the intra-galactic Bard, Ava/She Walks the Stars. Come laugh, weep, laugh some more and sing along with Mama Gina and all her alter-egos!
Also performing! LOUIS GAROU and KRISTA CHAPMAN GREEN! For over 40 years, Louis has traveled the South, working, playing and writing. Always observing. And always returning to the shadows of his beloved Appalachia. With his old guitar, he performs his Dark Americana songs which are captivatingly elegant and haunting. KRISTA recently released her first CD and you can sample her music at ChristaChapmanGreen.bandcamp.com
Come for one day or all weekend. Performers will be vending their music CDs and wares. Please support their hard work, talent and travel! This is a camping gathering. Bring your camping gear if you plan to stay over night. Sorry, we have NO ELECTRICITY for RVs.
Please bring a Potluck dish/snack/drinks for our Feast on Saturday at Noon. BYO Food, Snacks, Drinks and COOLERS for food and drinks. Refrigerator space is very limited. Ice is available at Dollar General - Hwy. 89 just a few miles away.
Ritual Saturday evening. Ritual attire is not required.
RAFFLE on Sunday Morning. Bring some spendin' money for tickets ($5.00 for 6 or $1.00 each). Lots of cool and magickal stuff!
ARKANSAS FOOD BANK is our Charity. Please bring a donation. Most needed items are: Canned meats • Peanut butter • Meal entrees (Hamburger Helper, Pasta skillet meals, Canned Pasta meals) • Canned Soup • Rice • Dry beans • 100% juices (juice boxes) • Breakfast items (cereal, bars, instant oatmeal, & Pop Tarts)
WANT FREE ADMISSION? I NEED 2 FOR WORK EXCHANGE TO HELP WITH SETUP ON FRIDAY, TEAR DOWN ON SUNDAY, CLEAN UP, ETC.
Registration: Send PayPal Payments to OR pay at the gate.
Rules for Roughing it at Nefer...
1. Mabon is held on private property owned by Robin "Amaya" in Lonoke, Arkansas.
2. No littering! Please pick up after yourselves.
3. ABSOLUTELY NO underage drinking.
4. SMOKERS: We have a butt disposal. If you smoke, be considerate of non-smokers, make sure butts are extinguished and deposited in the receptacle. NO SMOKING in the Circle or Fire Pit area.
5. No glass or glass containers of any kind in the Fire Pit or Circle area. Please use plastic or non-breakable cups and containers.
6. Park and Tent in designated areas. Carpooling is encouraged.
7. This is NOT a clothing optional gathering.
8. QUIETER TIME BEGINS AT 11:00 P.M. if the neighbors are lucky.
9. In case of rain – get wet! The Gods said “Let it Rain!” Enjoy! Let it purify and refresh you!
10. There are NO electrical hookups for campers. Message me with any questions.
11. No open ground fires. Main Fire Pit area will have RITUAL FIRE. Do not put ANYTHING in ritual fire. There is a designated fire tender in charge of the fire.
12. Children are to remain in the care, custody and control of their parents at all times.
13. If you bring it, please take it home. There will be extra trash bags if needed.
14. All attendees will be required to sign a Liability Waiver.
15. Do not photograph anyone without permission. No photos taken at Mabon will be used for any other purpose or event. Violation will result in your being banned from future events.
16. No pets. No exceptions.
17. Bring your favorite bug spray. Mosquitoes can be pesky in the evenings.
18. Bring a lawn chair.
19. Bring your reusable drinking cups/mugs/tankards/goblets, plates and utensils. This cuts down on trash. We will have a wash area for dishes.
20. A Porta-Potty (or two) will be available – sorry no showers. If you need hosing down - I will accommodate you.
21. PLEASE RSVP by September 10 if you are coming. Entrance fee can be made at the gate.
*ALL PROFITS FROM MABON GO TOWARD EVENT EXPENSES AND UPKEEP OF THE CENTER AND CIRCLE AREA.